Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday randomness

(click on photos to enlarge them)

I found these at a yard sale for 50¢ each. They are in the kitchen, over the sink, on a thin shelf.
We have a ghost.
I say that because this ghost apparently did not like them there, and for several days would take them down and neatly stack them in the sink.  So I put thumbtacks into the wall to secure them.
And the ghost tried to pull them out, but only succeeded in making them askew from the wall and off the shelf.
I won. 
For now at least.
 Fall is arriving.  I did a test run of the heater this weekend to be sure I knew how it worked since this is a new-to-us rental house.
The heater didn't come on.
So a repairman will be called tomorrow, and hopefully, it will be an easy and inexpensive fix for our landlady.  I'm glad I decided to give it a try before we really needed it.  Our temperatures have been in the 40's, 50's, and 60's so far the last few weeks.  Comfortable, a little chilly at night, but not horribly cold and freezing.
Yet.
 This is a house a block away. I love it. I love the front door color.
 This is one of the many Sedum plants I've seen in the area.  I can't believe I didn't know anything about them. They are beautiful, bright, and stunning colors.
 The girls on a cushion I put on a trunk by the front window for Charlie to sit on when he watches the world.  They have apparently claimed it for their own.  We don't have any living room furniture yet, so we all find comfortable places to sit where we can.  I love that I'm always finding these two entwined together.

1 comment:

  1. Sedum are delightful aren't they? I love their rosettes of leaves nearly as much as their blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!