Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday ...

Just some flowers that caught my eye this week. These first four are in pots at the local hospital.
These are spider flowers which make me think of the gatekeeper in The Wizard of Oz with his wild hair and eyebrows.  I don't know why.
Lantana
I don't know what this one is, but I love the blue.
Canna

Charlie and I took a long walk on Friday along the 4-wheeler/bike/jogging trail. In the winter months, it is the snowmobile trail. We walked about a mile of it. I figured he would enjoy the new smells, especially after being in a small cage for two days.

Queen Anne's lace or wild carrot (Daucus carota) which I often confuse with cow parsnip (Heracleum maximum)
Scotch cottonthistle (Onopordum acanthium)
Western sunflower (Helianthus occidentalis)
Staghorn sumac (Rhus typhina)
Swamp verbena (Verbena hastata)

and this ... is what I look like trying to walk two dogs on leashes ~ one a very determined and focused boxer/Boston terrier mix who will chase anything that moves or even thinks of moving ~ the other a goofy, possibly near-sighted, little Shih Tzu who is always trying to catch up.  Except I'm nowhere near as graceful looking. Or talented. Or athletic.

2 comments:

  1. That blue bloom is an incredible colour. If you find out what it is, please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never ceases to amaze me the beautiful flowers you find. As you can imagine, things here are just brown. :-( Watch your sunflowers - it's neat how they will follow the sun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!