Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunday ...

First this ... the local German bakery on Main Street repainted their building to look like a gingerbread house. Complete with Hansel & Gretel's Wicked Witch in the window. I love it!
 The view from the Lake Superior View Golf course.
 Today's boating excursion was on the White River Flowage. We put in at the dam and went as far upstream as we could. I was kind of (sort of) hoping we would see a bear because we had seen one at the downstream from the dam. But after seeing how narrow the river was, I was glad we didn't see one. (Mentally, I was planning our escape instead of relaxing)
 
 
 
 We did see an eagle flying overhead and a Great Blue Heron closer to the dam in the long grass. I also saw several Belted Kingfishers along the river's edge.
 
 
 Miles and miles and acres and acres of new corn coming up.
 I noticed this afternoon that when you zoom in on thistle, it can almost look like a sea anemone.
Canada thistle Cirsium arvense sometimes also called "lettuce from hell thistle" [grinning]
cow parsnip [Carrot family] Heracleum maximum
bittersweet nightshade Solanum dulcamara

2 comments:

  1. Loved those river views. And the thistle. Queen Anne's lace makes my eyes and nose run. And interestingly just looking at the image starts the itch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell your nose to stop itching then. I just realized it wasn't Queen Anne's lace, but cow parsnip of the Carrot family

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!