Monday, June 26, 2017

the thing about making plans ...

I had plans for today that included taking my husband to a very important eye appointment, and taking the girls (aka Gracie and Lucy) to the vet to get their stitches taken out.
yellow water lily Nuphar lutea
None of that happened.
American water lily Nymphaea odorata
Which is why I'm grateful that I have overcome one OCD issue of mine involving inking plans and appointments onto my calendar instead of penciling them in.
Calendars can get costly at times.
the forecast was for 20% rain, and guess where it was?
David had a meeting with his boss that ran late this morning so we had to reschedule his appointment.
harlequin blueflag Iris versicolor
So we went to a lake, much farther away than I thought we would, so I had to call from the middle of nowhere and cancel the girl's appointment as well.
white water buttercup Ranunculus aquatilis
I was going to take their stitches out myself, and may still, but will have to have David's help in holding them still.
Northern Leopard frog Rana pipiens
 We went to two lakes I'd not been to before, and while the day was not a success as far as what I had planned to do, it was a success in how my stress level dropped.
orange hawkweed Hieracium aurantiacum
northern bush honeysuckle Diervilla lonicera
And I did get to see several flowers I'd never seen before, this one in particular
purple marshlocks or marsh cinquefoil from the Rose Family Comarum palustre
Canada anemone Anemone canadensis
Turtles were along the sides of the road laying eggs. Not exactly the safest place to leave your children, but I guess maybe the soil is easier to dig into than anywhere else. If you are going to hide from predators, I've heard that hiding in plain sight is a pretty effective way to go.
Western painted turtle Chrysemys picta

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!