Monday, June 5, 2017

Peek-A-Boo and architecture...

Gracie
Driving to church on Sunday we wandered around town.
["oh oh oh stop here I want to take a picture!!!! wait wait wait, can you turn around???" I  know I drive David crazy!]
This must have been a church at one time. It was huge!
I loved the upper windows on this one, especial the narrow one at the top that had the shingles curved around it!
 This is a bed and breakfast that is for sale. It was built in the 1800's.
 Look at the detail on this staircase!
[I'm not fond of the upgrades in the kitchen, however, but there is some incredible detail work in the fireplaces, windows, and door frames.]
Image Source: The Zillow for sale listing!

5 comments:

  1. Some quirky, stylish and BIG homes.
    Love peek-a-boo kitty as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big indeed! I suspect that many of them were boarding houses back in the day of mining and logging here when the city was just being built.

      Delete
  2. Love, love these old homes. Beautiful. Been out of the loop a bit...on holiday. In London. Yes! Daughter loving all things Brit, and being a good sport going to Warner Brothers Harry Potter studios. Can you say I was totally geeked out!? Hubby a reasonable good sport, but we are off to Edinburgh tomorrow for him (little does he know there's more Harry Potter there....bwahaha!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know how jealous I am of you right now, yes? It sounds like a blast, and you deserve it! Have fun, and I expect to see a new blog soon for all things Potter-ish!

      Delete
    2. And you know how jealous I am of you right now, yes? It sounds like a blast, and you deserve it! Have fun, and I expect to see a new blog soon for all things Potter-ish!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!