Friday, June 9, 2017

Expect ... in 5

Joining today with the lovely ladies of Five Minute Friday

I didn't know what to expect when I moved from Florida to the Michigan Upper Peninsula and then again to Wisconsin.

But the beauty here has exceeded my expectations.

I didn't know what to expect when he arrived , after we had been apart for almost half of our marriage.

But the love, friendship, companionship, comfort, trust, tears and laughter have exceeded my expectations.

I didn't know what to expect when I knelt at the cross and begged for His forgiveness and asked Him to live in me.

But the forgiveness, comfort, and love has filled me with a peace that exceeded my expectations.

4 comments:

  1. This post draws me in, intrigues me, makes me want to sit down with you beside a beautiful lake with a cup of hot tea and drink in the beauty around us and the stories you no doubt can share. I love the unexpected surprises I find every time I'm able to participate in Five Minute Friday and read the blog of my neighbor. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent almost a week in Eau Claire this April for work. We drove from Minnesota to Eau Claire and the scenery was beautiful. I love the hope and gratitude in this post. It is also beautiful! Stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your post Cindi:) I'm origininally from south FL. My husband moved there from his home in Chetek, WI for his first job after seminary. That's where we met. After we married, we visited up in that area. It truly is beautiful! I'm not sure if I could handle the winters, but I know I would if I had to. From what I hear, Ashland is further north than Chetek. I'm glad you met the Forgiver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. "Exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think," this phrase from Ephesians 3:20, came to mind as I read your post. All praise to the Father from whom every good and perfect gift comes and who is able to do, "exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think," even when we do not know what to expect. :-) Visiting from FMF. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!