Tuesday, March 7, 2017

tuesday

Yesterday was my first day on the new job. It was a gray, rainy day so no pictures. Today, however, was beautiful with temperatures in the high 30's to low 40's. The winds, unfortunately, were from the west and blowing 15-30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph and made it feel about 20° colder!

This marina is walking distance (on a warm day!!) from the office I'm working at right now. The boats are all dry-docked for the winter. Like me, they are probably looking forward to warmer days.

 These three guys? Fishing out on the ice? Obviously insane.

I completed training today and passed a required test, so to celebrate my boss suggested I go across the street to the Harbor House Sweets because they have good cookies (yeah, he's gonna be a good boss to work for!!) Unfortunately, they are closed Tues/Wed so my celebration will have to wait until Thursday.
Image Source: Harbor House Sweets Facebook page
So instead I went to a thrift store and scored this vintage Spritz cookie press for $1. Mom had one when we were kids in Germany similar to the gun style one in the recipe link's photo. This one is awesome because hit has a crank, but you can easily switch out designs since there are four on each wheel. Not as yummy as a cookie, but eventually it will pay off.  It came with a handwritten recipe, but I will use the one my grandmother gave me instead.

1 comment:

  1. I have a very similar biscuit press.
    Good luck with your new job, and hooray for good bosses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!