Tuesday, March 28, 2017

spring thaw...

I've been away for a bit. It's been complicated and involved an unexpected move across town, but it was quite serendipitous.
That is the view we'll have every morning. One block ~ walking distance ~ from Chequamegon Bay. Sweet!!!


The bay has been slowly thawing, and as it has, the birds have been arriving. I have to smile every morning when I drive past a small inlet where Canadian geese have been gathering. Downey white goose bottoms as they bob for food is all I see most mornings.


In May there will be the 11th annual [Bird & Nature Festival]. Last year there were 186 different species of birds spotted and identified. Over the ten years that they have been having the festival and tracking identifications, they have seen 243 species. The three-day event has presentations and field trips. Unfortunately, most of them will be while I'm at work or longer than I can hike (I can't do a 4 hour or more hike anymore). There is a shorter one on Saturday to identify wildflowers that I might try to attend.
The bay might be thawing, but this morning I was scraping frost off my windows, and loving the sun that warmed my car up this afternoon with temps in the mid to upper 50's by the time I got off work.

The cats are enjoying a view and fresh air from an above ground window.
My Simply Earth recipe box arrived!!!!!
Can't wait to share it with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!