Sunday, March 12, 2017

a comedy in five acts

Lucy has this thing for getting under the covers, especially under this afghan strip that I crocheted back in the day when I remembered how to turn corners (crocheting that is).
 The other night I noticed Gracie watching what I thought was just a fold in the afghan.
Then it moved.
It kept moving until it was at the other end of the sofa and almost the entire strip had fallen off. 
Gracie followed her the entire way.
Every now and then she would look over at me as if to say "You had to keep the weird one, didn't you?" 

4 comments:

  1. Gracie is infinitely gentler than our cats. They would have attacked the moving lump. They do attack things which move under the covers... other cats or us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get the impression that Gracie never really had a kittenhood and so playing is a new concept for her. She and Lucy play tag around the house, but she won't really play with wads of paper or catnip toys. I know that she had a very hard life before we got her, and I think really had to struggle for life for a few years. She seems to have a very old soul but will probably be just 4 years old this year. She has no interest or curiosity about going upstairs, outside, or being in windows, and is very content to just sleep curled up in a basket with Lucy or near the heater. I think she is finally able to relax for the first time and not be hungry, thirsty, or terrified. Watching Lucy do some of the silly things she does - like getting up in the drop ceiling or tunnel under blankets - I think amuses her just as much as it does us.

      Delete
  2. She thinks 'you' have some 'splainin to do...

    Sorry, couldn't resist. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed! usually I just shrug my shoulders and say "she's your daughter!"

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!