Friday, January 27, 2017

"Be" cared for ...

I realized this past week (as I struggle with a head cold trying to keep it from moving into my lungs) that I tend to be someone who can put my own needs and desires second to everyone (or everything) else.

I'm not complaining. It's just who I am. It's not even really a bad thing most of the time. Until I'm sick and exhausted. But when I was writing [this] blog post about choosing to live stress-free with a Plan Be to incorporate more hygge into my life, I realized that I needed to care for myself sometimes as much as I care for everyone else.

There is a spa near where I work. A spa that offers massages at a reasonable price. So I've marked my calendar to schedule one every month, with an occasional pedicure and haircut thrown in for good measure.

Wisconsin also has its own burger chain called [Culver's]. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Culver's.  They make great mad- to-order fresh burgers with raised-in-Wisconsin beef, and grown-by-Wisconsin-farmers lettuce, tomatoes & onions, and cured-in-Wisconsin cheese.

AND they have a custard ice cream that is melt-in-your-mouth good. (yeah, that was a pun. not a good one, but a pun) They have the standard vanilla and chocolate flavors available all the time, but each day they offer one special flavor.

Today's was Snickers Swirl.

I don't drink milk, or eat as much cheese as I used to, and so adding the occasional two scoops of ice cream to my month would be in the interest of bone health and calcium intake. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Oh, and Snickers Swirl ... it was good. Real good.




1 comment:

  1. Nuttin' like ice cream therapy. I'm with ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!