Friday, February 12, 2016

limit ... in 5

GO:

i've just about reached my limit of snow.
my first winter here, it was entertaining
but this year, not so much
i think because we are living in a new area,
that gets much more snow than where we were
i had been warned, but i just didn't imagine

in florida, before moving here
i had reached my limit for heat and humidity
when it felt like 110°F outside with the humidity
and it was 95°F inside the house, 
with my menopausal body feeling like it was a nuclear reactor on the verge of a meltdown at 1195°F

when my limits are reached, when the tears come unexpected, when everything i touch seems to break.
when i don't know what to do, when the walls seem to close in, when the answers fail to come

i remember this ...

No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.
~ 1 Corinthians 10:13 ~
MSG
STOP

6 comments:

  1. On the high desert in New Mexico, I hit my limit with wind. Especially the kind that blows 2x4's into the side of one's head.

    Great post...and I can identify with your feelings about Florida's 'misery index' of hate...er, heat and humidity!

    #2 at FMF.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/02/your-dying-spouse-118-limits-of-love-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the Message puts Scripture so plainly sometimes. I am with you on the cold. We used to live in Northern China near Russia, brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting ideas about our limits—I truly get what you're saying about weather! Thanks for visiting my blog, too, and yes, that is my artwork you commented on. I'm a graphic designer and a liturgical artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Cindi, that much snow would be not cool for me. I was just thinking today how much I am over winter, and we have only had three snow events (very mild ones at that). Be blessed and stay warm.

    Lynette
    ~#76 at FMF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waving from the Lower Peninsula! :-) Love the Scripture verse you shared -- hang in there ... Spring is around the corner (at least I sure hope so!) ;-) Thanks for taking part in FMF!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!