Friday, September 4, 2015

in 5 ~ "yes" to {this moment...}

it was always easier for me to say "yes" to others than it was for me to say it to myself. i was always putting myself last.
when i finally started to say no to others and yes to myself, things started to change.  i realized that the things that were once important to me were really only important to others. when I began to close in my circle... the friends and family that were nurturing and not negative, life changed. my faith grew, not just spiritually, but also in myself.  trusting my journey, and my decisions.  saying yes to myself because i trusted my Higher Power, and had faith and hope. finally, there was hope. and all it took was me saying yes, to Him and to myself.
{this moment...}
sunset on Allen Lake


2 comments:

  1. A common trait. I am so glad you have come out the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I find myself on a similar journey right now, learning what to say no to in order to say healthy yeses. You describe this so articulately in so much fewer words than I managed to! Thank you for this gift of honesty. ~ Your FMF neighbor

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!