Thursday, September 3, 2015

turn back thursday ...

i took this picture on a Christmas trip to Germany the year my dad died.  i wanted to recapture some of those memories of my childhood that had always seemed so magical and larger than life.
i wasn't disappointed.  the trip was magical, and captured my heart with memories that were life sized.
i've been thinking about that trip a lot lately, mostly because conversations with my mom seem to slip into the past a lot.  she sent me a [Shutterfly] coupon for a free 8x8 book and a hint hint hint that she wanted some of my UP pictures that i'd made into greeting cards.
her coupon arrived at the same time Shutterfly was giving away a free product every weekend, so instead of creating a book of my flower pictures ... i made a 12 month calendar for her with pictures from the UP.
for her 8x8 book i put together pictures from the trip to Germany, knowing how much she enjoyed our time there also.
i told her to expect both gifts in the mail, and she was all giggly with excitement about the book.  so much so that i'm thinking of sending her my scrapbook from the trip.  it's about four inches thick with 12x12 pages and probably weighs close to 10 lbs.  well, maybe not that much ... but it is pretty heavy.  i haven't looked at it in several years, and know that mom would really enjoy it.  i may try to scan some of the pages first and create a digital scrapbook of it.  sometimes the best gift we can give someone is time and memories...

1 comment:

  1. I am sure she will love it.
    And memories last forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!