Tuesday, July 21, 2015

hay is for horses...

even tho i wasn't born in the south, i more or less grew up there, which makes me a G.R.I.T.S. (Girl Raised in the South) and i have a tendency towards sayin' hey ya'll i'm fixin' to get supper on the table, ya'll go wash up, y'hear ... especially when i'm tired or angry, and i tend to be more tired than angry lately.
which is a good thing.
whenever i left phone messages for my cousin, Sue, in Alaska, i'd always say "hey, it's just me" and whenever she'd call back she'd say "hay is for horses."
it made me laugh and i've been thinking about it a lot lately since they are rolling hay in the fields now.  silly me, i thought hay was a crop grown on purpose from seeds (apparently parts of my brain are more city-fied than i thought) and it turns out hay is really just grass, with whatever other weeds that happen to pop up like red and white clover, timothy grass and trefoil flowers.
summer for me is harvesting wild flowers.  if some color catches my eye on the drive home, i'll stop and cut a few.  i think if i had to pick a new career...
i'd open a flower shop that specialized in wild flowers

2 comments:

  1. Hay is for horses is something I can hear coming from either of my parents' mouth. They were very, very strict on language usage.
    Wild flowers, and escapees that thrive are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find beauty everywhere. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!