Monday, June 29, 2015

dog pile ...

years ago when i used to watch my neighbor's dog, Ripken, we would have "dog pile" mornings
he wasn't allowed on the bed at his house, but at mine he was ... still, with three cats at the time, Trooper, and my pug, Tink, it could get a little crowded on my queen size bed, so i didn't let anyone but the cats sleep on the bed when he stayed with us.  but then there were mornings, where we were being lazy, and i would wake up and stretch to see three dogs on the side of the bed, patiently waiting for me to call "dog pile."
all three would then jump on the bed, run around and get crazy, Tink with squeal with excitement, and then everyone would find their own little corner to sleep for another 30-60 minutes.  i would always wake up feeling like one of those contortionists who had been crammed into a little box, but it was still fun.
you can see the black growth on his back that will be removed in a few weeks
it was a dog pile Sunday for us.  the bed is smaller, and there is just one dog now and no cats, but with the addition of my husband on one side of me, i still woke up feeling like a contortionist.

3 comments:

  1. It is astonishing the amount of room they can claim as their 'right'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still fun. I like it when the critters warm me up in the winter. :-)

    Having a bit of a rough go here - hubby getting over pneumonia. Yikes. But the critters make you smile no matter what, and I know that has helped him. Their love is unconditional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!