Tuesday, March 17, 2015

wearin 'o the green ...

i'm not really a fan of dead heads on the wall
and i doubt seriously if there will ever be any in my home
(the eyes and dead things freak Trooper out 
he once refused to come in the house when i found a pelican skull that i thought was really cool looking)
this particular elk head hangs in the stairway at my job, and as you can see, foresters have a sense of humor 
~ you should have seen the hats he was wearing for Oktoberfest ~
we don't have elk up in the U.P., this beautiful creature was shot in 1995 in the lower part of Michigan
(which i guess would make it a troll elk)

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not a fan of dead things on the wall. And am pretty much with Trooper here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True about deadheads, but love the sense of humor! As me Irish Pa used to say, may ya be in heaven a half an hour before the devil knows your dead! Funny, morbid, too, but funny. I also loved this joke Dad used to love to say all the time (and I can repeat it as I am half Irish!) - what is the difference between an Irish wedding and an Irish wake? One less drunk! Ah, I miss ya, Dad. Need to tip a bit of Irish Mist for ya.

    Now, having said all this, my favorite Irish "saying" is a blessing -

    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    the rains fall soft upon your fields
    and until we meet again,
    may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

    We Irish can be a strange lot - melancholy, spiritual, and happy go lucky all at the same time. I hope you all had a wonderful St. Paddy's Day! God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!