Thursday, February 5, 2015

moon set ...

i have a fondness for full moons ... i think because my name comes from the Greek version of Artemis
goddess of the moon, the hunt, wild animals, and wilderness ... the deer and cypress tree are sacred to her

this morning the moon was still high above the horizon as i left for work, and i watched it in my rearview mirrors, dipping below the hills at times until it faded from sight as the sun rose.
the sun and i then played hide and seek as it wove from left to right with the curve of the road, hiding behind the trees at times then jumping out to blind me

i don't know if i will ever get used to the cold here ... there is still snow and ice in my garage from November where i knocked it off the car, and my joints ache like never before ... all the more to make me look forward to spring


1 comment:

  1. I too love the moon. And would take cold over humid heat any day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to read about our adventures!